Rarely does an opportunity like this one present itself to the open market. This outstanding property has been in the same family for almost 60 years and has been substantially improved and upgraded by the current generation, combining both character rooms and contemporary living spaces. There are large rooms throughout, a stunning garden and a spacious garage with a work space to the rear. The true highlight is the incredible open plan kitchen, diner and sitting area with large doors, windows and high quality fitting and appliances. Further enhanced by its location - situated in the highly regarded area, Old Town and therefore close to the town centre, hospital, train station and the M1. Don't miss out on, contact us to view today.
This house has looked after 3 generations of the same family for almost 60 years, providing a warm, welcoming and flexible home with fantastic entertaining spaces and accommodation. If you want both Victorian character and modern living, then that’s exactly what this house offers.
Visitors are always amazed by the generous space in each room; the open plan kitchen, dining and seating area simply has the “wow factor” with huge sliding doors opening to the garden, the master suite gets called the “west wing” (and could become an annex with its own entrance), and the snug is an ideal extra reception room, especially with the fire going on Christmas Day! The mature south-facing garden feels secluded and is a great place for adults and children alike. No 48 is a special house, which will look after you, as it has for us.
DID YOU KNOW?
3,455 properties have sold in S75 over the last 5 years. During that time, prices have risen by 20.19% (£32,163). The average sale price during that period was £170,442.
ABOUT THE PROPERTY
Have you ever heard the phrase, 'don't judge a book by its front cover'? This property may look spacious from the front, but it's even bigger than it looks!
Upon entering, you will be blown away by the standard of accommodation and size of the rooms. The first area you enter is the central hallway - it's light and spacious, with a number of original features enhancing its appeal. To the right side of the hallway is the snug/sitting room, which is front facing and has a number of original features, including the flooring.
Turning left from the hallway is the front facing lounge, with space for a dining table. The focal point of the room is a beautiful fireplace and feature coving.
The next room is, without a doubt, our favourite - it's the open plan kitchen, with a dining and sitting area. You will be blown away by this L-shaped room. The kitchen has high spec units and appliances and then the room opens to the extension, which is flooded with natural light. Large window doors and skylights drench the space in light and give the room the real "wow" factor.
The ground floor is finished with a utility room, cloaks/WC, further entrance hallway and an access to the garage.
Off the first floor are 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. The master bedroom is particularly impressive. Overlooking the rear garden, there's so much space - our vendor currently has a large bed, furniture and a sofa in there, and there's still so much more room.
Both bathrooms are also very spacious, much larger than your average bathroom. The main bathroom is very impressive - there's even fitted wardrobes in the room. This bathroom comes off a hallway from the master bedroom and is used at its private bathroom area and dressing area.
Finishing off the inside is the second floor attic bedroom. There's so much space in here, and it could easily accommodate an en-suite (subject to any necessary alterations). One feature we particularly like about the room is the rear facing windows which overlook the beautiful rear garden.
If you think the inside is impressive, you will love the outside. The rear garden is amazing! It's so rare that you get a property like this with such a large and impressive gardens. No matter what you are looking for, this garden has something for everyone. If you have kids, pets, enjoy gardening or love to entertain, you will love it. There's even a decked area for entertaining!
Our words and pictures don't do this house the justice it deserves. You have to view it to fully appreciate all its charm, space and character.
In most cases, measurements are taken as a maximum and are used for indication only.
We understand the council tax band to be F.
*Source - Zoopla
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your cooperation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER GOODMOVE NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.